We use chalk to provide a better grip on fitness equipment barbells, rings, kettlebells, dumbbells, pullup bars, etc. Excess moisture and sweat can led to slippery services and injuries. Using chalk properly is as much a safety device as safety bars on a squat rack.
HOWEVER the use of chalk can be abused.
Steps on How to use Chalk Properly
- Reach into bucket apply a modest amount of chalk onto one or both hands.
- While keeping hands in the bucket vigorously rub the chalk into your hand covering all needed areas.
- Remove hands from the bucket.
- After workout is finished remove chalk from any piece of equipment used.
- Clap your hands
- Rub chalk on your hands while not in a bucket
- Rub chalk directly onto a piece of equipment
- Be a dick.
Chalk belongs in the chalk bucket not all over the gym.
Videos of interest.
How to Chalk your Hands
| || |